      From: "Douglas S. Oliver" <dsoliver@...>
      Sent: Dec 9, 2005 6:26 PM
      To: linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [linux-dell-laptops] Trying out 2.6.13 kernel

      Hi all,

      Yesterday I compiled the 2.6.13 kernel for my i6800 running RH9. It's seems nice so far, seems to suspend to ram when I leave it unattended for a while, actually turns off my computer when I tell it to, and maybe some other surprises. Now I'm back to the old wireless problem. I've been using Linuxant, which is nice; however, with the new kernel, it doesn't work right now. Before I reload it, I was thinking of trying out the wireless capabilities of the new kernel. I think I read that it can now handle the Dell wireless card. Which program was it again to use? Was it the Atmel one? Also, I was using the nVidia driver program, which now also doesn't work yet. Does the new kernel finally have a good driver for the Gforce 4? The last question: should I be using the Xorg program for X or can I use my old XFree86 program? I've currently set up with that, but things aren't quite right without nvidia and perhaps Xorg. Any suggestions or help to offer? Thanks -- Douglas