277[linux-dell-laptops] Re: Linux on XPi P133ST

  • Neil
    Jan 3, 2000
      On Mon, 3 Jan 2000 00:13:56 -0000, you wrote:

      > Sorry - I didn't give a clear enough explaination in my origional message.
      >The XPI P133ST I have has been completely wiped, and the PCMCIA slots
      >disabled - i.e. they don't have any power or anything. Apparently there are
      >routines from Dell and others in DOS and windows to enable the slots - but
      >installing windows run n floppies is tedious. Is there any way to turn the
      >slots on so I can then use the PCMCIA modules?

      I know dell have a decent card manager type program you can get from their
      website but which helps installation of PCMCIA. Are you saying they might be
      disabled at BIOS level ?

      But why install windows if you want to use linux ? I don't quite get it. Or am I
      missing something ?

      Neil
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic