27503Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: Quick Ubuntu 5.10 / Latitude C600 rundown... - James

  • James Frye
    Oct 23, 2005
      On Sun, 23 Oct 2005, uteck wrote:

      > This is the group of people that Linux developers are trying to get to
      > use it, but they can't use anything that challenges them too much
      > since they can't even use M$ beyond basic point and click. So, Linux
      > needs to 'dumb down' the interface...

      That's the problem. The interfaces that might attract that kind of people
      make it less usable by people like me, for whom it is a useful and
      necessary tool. I understand the logic of what they think needs to be
      done to attract the marching morons. What I don't understand is why on
      Earth they should want to do so. Are they just driven by envy of Bill
      Gates and his billions?

      Maybe somebody needs to start a new distribution: Technix, maybe? I
      don't think Geeknix really works :-)

      James
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic