27435Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Dell Linux Carputer OS

  • Herman
    Sep 29, 2005
      Russell wrote:
      > Hey All,
      > I'm in the process of putting my carputer together. I'm convinced I
      > want to use a light distro of linux but I want it to make full use of
      > ACPI (I think that is what it is called...hibernate and stand by
      > features..) I was thinkering with Puppy and it does most all of what
      > I want except for automatically going to hibernate 5 mins after the
      > power is removed.
      >
      > So I guess my question is do you guys have any suggestions of an OS
      > that makes full use of these features.
      >
      > Thanks for your time. I'll have to post pictures when it is done.

      Actually, in my experience, ACPI is worse than APMD with Suspend2.

      For a medium weight solution, try Mark Shuttleworth's Ubuntu. I have
      had good luck with that one on slowish notebook machines.

      Cheers,

      H.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic