27372Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: garbled NVidia display - Dell 8200 Mandriva Linux (NVidia Driver Problem)

  • Gabriel
    Sep 12, 2005
      I would:

      1st - try the PowerPack as Alexandre suggests in an another post (you may first have to uninstall your NVidia drivers before installing the PowerPack), as Mandriva may well have sorted out these problems for you.

      If that fails then investigate:

      Run the program:
      # nvidia-bug-report.sh
      Which will produce the file:
      nvidia-bug-report.log
      ... for investigative purposes.

      If the above program fails then these files should be of help:
      /var/log/Xorg.0.log
      The X config file (they are so many potential config files, the best is to check the log file above to know _which one_ is used).
      xdpyinfo
      lsmod
      dmesg
      lspci -vv
      lspci -vvn

      Also the NVidia README.txt file is a good read, the file should be in:
      /usr/share/doc/NVIDIA*/README.txt

      If the above don't mean much to you post them and hopefully we may be able to sort it out ....

      Cheers,
      Gabriel.