27235Re: booting diagnostics partition

  • G Karunakar
    Aug 15, 2005
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "Douglas S. Oliver"
      <dsoliver@e...> wrote:
      > That's the same on my i86K, but I was wondering about his grub file
      entry. His partition table says that the de partition is
      /dev/hda4,right? That would be grub partition (hd0,3). In any event,
      grub would need to have that information. If he moved his partitions
      around, the BIOS probably would not know how to find the original de
      partition--just a guess--which would confuse the F12 boot option.

      Yes it something like that. when selected from F12 - it does its
      routine checks & fails when trying to boot the diagnostics partition?
      Any way to fix that? probably needs the original boot record ?

      Karunakar
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic