27191Re: [linux-dell-laptops] partition setup

  • Herman
    Aug 8, 2005
      Haedn Thorn wrote:

      > --- "Douglas S. Oliver" <dsoliver@...> wrote:
      >

      >>This is a question/response in ignorance. Do linux and windows use the same
      >>partitiion type for swap? I think linux is 82 or 83. In other words, would
      >>they both be able to use a shared file system type for swap. They both might
      >>be able to read it, but use it as swap?

      Windows cannot read/write other file systems, but its own - unless you
      install 3rd party drivers.

      However, Linux can read/write almost anything. The Linux NTFS file
      system is still under heavy development and most distributions only
      allow read access to NTFS, but if you get the latest version from the
      project page, then it can read and write NTFS.

      Cheers,

      H.
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic