26747Re: Problems with Latitude C400 and TrueMobile wireless drivers

  • jankorel
    May 30, 2005
      Edit:

      It seems that the link is broken by wordwrap....so make sure that

      Begin link --> http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/phpwiki/index.php/
      Suse%20Professional%209.2 <-- end link

      you use the compleet link.

      Gr.

      Jan

      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "jankorel"
      <adz.cleaner@g...> wrote:
      > If you look around on the website of Ndiswrapper you will notice a
      > HOWTO document specially for Suse 9.2 or 9.x users. It is explaned
      > step by step how to configure your wireless Lan card. You will also
      > find the answer on how to activate your Wlan0 card during boot.
      > Link --> http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/phpwiki/index.php/Suse%
      > 20Professional%209.2
      >
      > It worked for me....on a Dell Inspiron 5150 and Truemobile.
      > I'm using Suse 9.3 and the release notes of that version say's to
      > configure your Ethernet card (eth0) as "ifplugged" under advanced
      > settings. (Yast --> Network --> configure)
      >
      > Try also the following:
      >
      > - In console type : su and give root password
      > - De-activate your eth0 Ethernet card, type : ifdown eth0
      > - Activate your Wlan0 wireless card, type : ifup wlan0
      >
      > - To check you can also type : route (in the feedback of this
      command
      > you have to see al least your Gateway, ex: 192.168.2.1)
      >

      > --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "oreomike"
      > <Suselaptop@t...> wrote:
      > > All,
      > >
      > > I installed the bcmwl5.inf/sys driver (ndiswrapper -i) and that
      > > worked. Then I ran modprobe ndiswrapper. I have my boot set to
      > thorough.
      > >
      > > When I run iwconfig wlan0, I see the MAC of the access point that
      > am
      > > trying to connect to, but I don't seem to be getting an IP. I
      can't
      > > view any web pages even if just going to the IP.
      > >
      > > 1) How can I make the laptop boot and not have to run modprobe
      > > ndiswrapper each time? In /etc/modprobe.conf?
      > >
      > > 2) I am unsure how to set up the settings for the card, like
      DHCP,
      > and
      > > how to enure that it really is connecting.
      > >
      > > If anyone can point me to some good links online, that would be a
      > > great help.
      > >
      > > My System:
      > > Dell Latitude C400
      > > Suse 9.1
      > > Kernel 2.6.5-..?
      > > Truemobile card, I think. (I looked up my windows driver and it
      was
      > > the bcmwl5)
      > >

      > > Thanks in advance,
      > > Mike