25957Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: ati HW Accel. on a i8500 with r9000m

  • Paul Gratz
    Feb 11, 2005
      Looking through my setup (been a while since I set it up) it looks like
      I am using the internal agp driver of the ati-driver. I have not
      selected the Direct rendering manager stuff in my kernel. I do load the
      fglrx module.

      Hope that helps,
      Paul

      On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 21:24 +0000, yomen0208 wrote:

      > so have did you get the ATI driver to work exactly? are you using
      > the "fglrx" module? are you using the internal or kernel agpgart? do
      > you have DRI disabled in the config and/or the kernel or neither?
      > sorry just seems like i've tried everything^^;
      >
      > --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, Paul Gratz <pgratz@g...>
      > wrote:
      > > I have that machine and video card (I also run gentoo). I've
      > gotten both
      > > the DRI and ATI drivers working at different times. I found that
      > the
      > > ATI drivers were better performing so I'm currently using them.
      > I'm on
      > > ati-drivers-3.14.6 of the ati drivers and
      > x11-base/xorg-x11-6.8.0-r4
      > > right now. I'm using 2.6.9-gentoo-r6 of the kernel right now.
      > > Paul
      > >

      > > On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 05:39 +0000, yomen0208 wrote:
      > > >
      > > > ok, i know this has been talked about serval times, but i can't
      > find
      > > > them, so... Has anyone gotten this to work? i REALLY need to get
      > > > this to work and i've tried every thing i know. It's a gentoo
      > > > machine with the latest kernel sources and latest ati-drivers
      > and
      > > > xorg. thanks for any help^^;

      > > --
      > > Paul Gratz <pgratz@g...>