25956Re: ati HW Accel. on a i8500 with r9000m

  • yomen0208
    Feb 11, 2005
      so have did you get the ATI driver to work exactly? are you using
      the "fglrx" module? are you using the internal or kernel agpgart? do
      you have DRI disabled in the config and/or the kernel or neither?
      sorry just seems like i've tried everything^^;

      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, Paul Gratz <pgratz@g...>
      wrote:
      > I have that machine and video card (I also run gentoo). I've
      gotten both
      > the DRI and ATI drivers working at different times. I found that
      the
      > ATI drivers were better performing so I'm currently using them.
      I'm on
      > ati-drivers-3.14.6 of the ati drivers and
      x11-base/xorg-x11-6.8.0-r4
      > right now. I'm using 2.6.9-gentoo-r6 of the kernel right now.
      > Paul
      >

      > On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 05:39 +0000, yomen0208 wrote:
      > >
      > > ok, i know this has been talked about serval times, but i can't
      find
      > > them, so... Has anyone gotten this to work? i REALLY need to get
      > > this to work and i've tried every thing i know. It's a gentoo
      > > machine with the latest kernel sources and latest ati-drivers
      and
      > > xorg. thanks for any help^^;

      > Paul Gratz <pgratz@g...>
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic