25735Followup: Inspiron 1100 SWSUSP support

  • Damien Solley
    Jan 7, 2005
      Hi Harris and any other interested parties,

      I went ahead and installed software suspend 2.1.5 as a patch for kernel
      2.6.9. Be sure to follow the the instructions in the HOWTO:
      http://softwaresuspend.berlios.de/HOWTO.html
      With the patch I am able to successfully suspend/resume at a rapid rate.
      I used all the default settings for the hibernate package under Debian
      Sarge. I simply modified my GRUB boot loader to include
      "resume2=swap:/dev/hdc2"
      And from a shell entered "hibernate" (as root).
      I timed the results with LZF compression and uncompressed. LZF
      compression significantly sped up the process:
      state nocompression LZF compression
      hibernate 38 23
      resume 51 37

      So, I hope that helps.