25509Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Wireless A Few Quick ?

  • mpierce
    Dec 1, 2004
      On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 01:54 am, bil Jeschke wrote:
      > Looking at the card and the access point you should have little problem
      > with file transfers since both are 11.g. I was just using the 11.b spec as
      > a minimum reference point.
      > I did a bit of googleing and saw the references to ndiswrapper for this
      > card. I found a write up of the card a linuxquestions.org that says
      > ndiswrapper works good with it.
      > I tried ndiswrapper once with a different card, but using the version from
      > debian did not work, installing from source worked better. But that was a
      > few months ago, the debian version may work now, but the source is real
      > easy to get going.
      >
      > http://www.linuxquestions.org/hcl/showproduct.php?product=1898
      Bill,
      Thanks for help. Got it working using ndiswrapper and the *.inf file from the
      cd-rom.

      I'll configure the security aspects of the card later.

      Oh, I did use the ndiswrapper source as it is 0.12 versus 0.11 for *.deb file.
      Ndiswrapper website said there were some issues with versions <=0.11 and
      broadcom chipsets which is what the pcmcia cardbus uses.
      Marvin