2550Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: 3D acceleration on I5Ke

  • Zach Loafman
    Feb 1, 2001
      fukbill@... writes:

      > > DRI was one of the harder things for me to get working just fine.
      > >
      > > The glxinfo line should actually read:
      > >
      > > OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Rage128 20001215 M3 AGP 2x x86
      > >

      > I understand that the string should read as above, what I was asking(I
      > probably should have put it more directly) was how do I switch to Mesa
      > DRI (Blah Blah)?? Everything else is setup. X4.0.2 reports that DRI
      > is enabled and all the trouble shooting tips in the DRI User's guide
      > report correctly. Any ideas?(And no Debian cop outs)

      You don't "switch it". It either works or it doesn't. :)

      Did you modprobe the r128 kernel module?
      Does dmesg should the agp and r128 stuff loading?

      You should see something like this in dmesg:

      Linux agpgart interface v0.99 (c) Jeff Hartmann
      agpgart: Maximum main memory to use for agp memory: 203M
      agpgart: Detected Intel 440BX chipset
      agpgart: AGP aperture is 64M @ 0xe0000000
      [drm] AGP 0.99 on Intel 440BX @ 0xe0000000 64MB
      [drm] Initialized r128 2.1.2 20001215 on minor 63

      Also, you need need need the DRM modules that are present in 2.4 (or
      you need to patch 2.2.18), the DRM stuff in 2.2.18 is version 1.0.

      --
      Zachary M. Loafman
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic