2544Mandrake 7.2 on i8000[ X Config. problem]

  • echezhian72@yahoo.com
    Jan 31, 2001
      I am new to Linux.

      Somehow i was able to manage the installation of Mandrake 7.2 on my
      new inspiron 8000. But the HardDrake is not detecting PCMCIA, it
      hangs if it tries to detect. I was not able to configure X during
      installation. It is not detecting the Graphic card stuff. Also, i am
      getting a message saying 'PCI-IDE: Unknown IDE controller on PCI Bus
      00 device F9, UID: 8086 DID: 244a' during boot.

      Insp. 8000 configuration:
      PIII at 700Mhz
      128 Mb Ram
      RAGE MOBILITY 128 AGP 4X ( 16 MB V.RAM )
      Win2K in first partition.

      Can anybody help me please?

      Thanks in advance,
      Elan.