25102600M, Want to put display desktop on TV

  • Michael Steven Dacko
    Oct 2, 2004
      I don't know if this post has come up before, but my question is how
      do I get my desktop to show up on the TV screen? I realized Dell had
      some issues with their TV output connections since i found no store
      that carried the 7-pin S-Video cable, so i ordered it online and
      finally got it (which comes with a 4-pin svideo connection, composite
      video and S/PDIF). However, i plug it in and connect a regular S-
      video 4-pinner on it and then to the TV and nothing..... so i went to
      Dell.com for some help.... they have the exact article i need on "how
      to display or play video on my TV from my Dell" except its all based
      on this ATI video chipset thing.... what the hell is that?
      Everything i look up on the internet about this issue involves this
      ATI thing so i went on my laptop and found no such program.
      Obviously this ATI program is not standard on the Dells. Do I have
      to go purchase this ATI program to do what I want to do? Or can I
      just go into my control panel settings and make a few adjustments...?
      or BIOS or something? Please help! Thanks.

      Mike
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic