24754Re: [linux-dell-laptops] miniPCI WiFi recommendations

  • adam@thebowery.co.uk
    Aug 5 2:57 PM
      On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 10:05:06PM -0500, Howard Coles Jr. wrote:

      > I'm not sure about the 11g, but Orinoco based cards work well. (Dell should
      > be able to tell you which of theirs is based on it) The miniPCI card I use
      > in my Dell Lat. C640 is one such animal.

      I have to disagree on that one, there is a bug in the Orinoco drivers which
      means you can't connect to a network using shared key WEP, so I just had to
      buy a prism 2 based pcmcia card to replace the Orinoco in my gfs laptop. (of
      course if you don't want to connect to a shared key WEP network then this
      wouldn't be a problem) If you only wanted 802.11b then the intel mini-pci as
      supplied with many dell laptops work well enough with the GPL drivers from
      ipw2100.sourceforge.net

      Adam
      --
      jabberid = quinophex@...