24752Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: miniPCI WiFi recommendations

  • Brian Kurle
    Aug 4, 2004
      I can't say for MiniPCI (I'm still patiently waiting/watching Intel's
      progress for my 2200 BG MiniPCI card), but Madwifi does cover my D-Link
      DWL-G650 (Atheros) PCCard quite nicely in full open source. I do get
      54/108 (super G) support.

      On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 11:47, Gregory Gulik wrote:
      > The SMC 3635W is 802.11b, there are plenty of chipsets for 11Mbits that
      > have open source drivers. I myself used Orinoco cards before going to
      > 54Mbits.
      >
      > I am not aware of any 54Mbit (802.11a or g) that have open source
      > drivers. If that is not the case then please let me know.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic