24695Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Merging Partitions (Help!)

  • Solomon Grundy
    Jul 28, 2004
      Thanks for the advice. I eventually managed to repartition my Hard Disk
      using parted, just as Tom Grimes suggested. Was a bit of a headache, but
      I was succesful. I will hang on to your advise, though, I might have to
      do it again, and I'm always game for trying new methods.

      Thanks again. Cheers,

      SG

      On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 14:42, Dado Feigenblatt wrote:
      > Solomon Grundy wrote:
      >
      > >Well, one partition is formatted as EXT3, the other is simply shown
      > as
      > >unallocated disk space. I'm feeling somewhat stupid right now, but I
      > do
      > >believe that might be the problem. How do I modify the filesystem
      > size?
      > >
      > >On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 00:10, Alan Schmitt wrote:
      > >

      > >> At first glance, I'd say that you resized your partition, but not
      > the
      > >>
      > >>filesystem on it. What filesystem do you use ?
      > >>
      > >>Alan Schmitt
      > >>

      > Have a look at resize2fs.
      > Its man page says it resizes ext2 filesystems, but it should work on
      > ext3 as well.
      > But I'm not sure so you should do some research on it. Don't blame me
      > if
      > you loose your data.
      > If it doesn't work on ext3, you can convert the filesystem to ext2,
      > resize it, and convert back to ext3.
      >
      > --
      > Dado Feigenblatt Wild Brain, Inc.
      > Technical Director (415) 553-8000