24015Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Resizing partitions

  • Douglas S. Oliver
    May 3 5:22 PM
      So, if I understand you correctly, you would like to boot from a floppy
      or cd and partition from there? I have the i8600 and used Partition
      Commander. I used to use an older copy of Partition Magic that ran
      really well from floppy. Partition Commander handles ext3, which is
      nice. A newer version of Partition Magic probably does also. I prefer
      Partition Commander. I made my choice by comparing PM and PC online. I
      kind of wanted to try something new, and since I use V-com's
      SystemSuite, PC was a good choice for me. I have to dual boot because I
      have a computer repair and consulting business in which I often need to
      talk clients through things in windows. All of my normal work, however,
      is done in linux. I recommend comparing things online. -- d