23986Re: [linux-dell-laptops] The '»' Character on a laptop

  • Douglas S. Oliver
    May 2, 2004
      Thanks to everyone who replied to my side query re the AltGr key. Now
      for another stupid question, on my i8600 what does the ¨windows¨ key do
      or allow me to do (in Linux)? I´ve been using computers since 1976 long
      before that key appeared, so I´ve sadly ignored it. It was just another
      key I didn´t need. But now I think it´s time for me to enter the curent
      computing age. That key is the one between the Fn key and the leftAlt
      key.

      Thanks, d

      On Sat, 2004-05-01 at 03:41, IbericoVespucio wrote:
      > Respondiendo a Douglas S. Oliver [Re: [linux-dell-laptops] The '»' Character on a laptop], del 30 de abril de 2004 a las 22:09:35 (-0700)
      >
      > > I was just wondering; what does AltGr stand for? As I have been setting
      > > up my system to use Esperanto keys, I often see reference to AltGr. It
      > > is always for a German system. -- d
      >
      > Spanish keyboard: Alt-GR is the key just at the right of Spacer and at
      > the left of the right-Control. (Somewhere there use to be, also, a Win-Key)
      >
      > Inspiron 8600: <AltGr-x> = »
      > <AltGr-z> = «
      >

      > Ángel.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic