23373Connecting external drive to my Dell Linux machine

  • R F
    Feb 26, 2004
      I have an external harddrive that is NTFS partitioned. When I
      connect it to my laptop (running Linux 8.2) the drive mounts and I
      can access the files only if I'm logged in as root. Also once I've
      connected I can only read files on the drive. I can't copy or delete.

      Could anyone offer some advice on what the cause might be and how I
      can fis the problem?

      I'd really like to be able to access the drive with my normal login
      also.

      Cheers,
      - Richard
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic