23015Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Update: If you have an Inspiron 1100 Please read.

  • Damien Solley
    Feb 2, 2004
      cheezefist wrote:
      > A Gentleman from Dell contacted me today to let me know that they were
      > going to try and get another version of VBIOS in an upcoming release
      > of the BIOS for the 1100.
      >
      > They said the new BIOS image should correct that one issue.
      >
      > I'll update the group here again when I have word that the new BIOS is
      > available.
      >
      > -Cheezefist

      That's good to hear, but who'll be the brave one to 'take the plunge'
      and test it with XFree86? :-)
      Last time I tried a video BIOS upgrade I got my fingers burnt, so I
      think I'll wait for some feedback on the next one.
      Regards
      Damien
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic