22962Re: Grub.cfg Dell Inspiron 1100

  • snakeeyes1100
    Jan 31, 2004
      Wow, Damien thanks for all the help!

      I dont know if I know all of the infor you want.. but here it goes. Oh
      also I can't boot into linux. All I can do at the grub gui is 'e' edit
      my command for that particullar os.

      hdc2 /boot
      hdc3 /

      I believe it is.... vmlinuz-2.4.20
      I know this line is correct

      initrd /initrd-2.4.20-0.img

      Thanxs!

      -SnAkE

      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, Damien Solley
      <dsolley@s...> wrote:
      > snakeeyes1100 wrote:
      > > HI all,
      > >
      > > Well I got the kernel 2.6.1 compiled. But when I went to modify the
      > > grub.cfg for this kernel I messed something up.
      > >
      > > I was wondering if someone who is running RH9 with either kernel (2.4)
      > > or (2.6.1) would post thier grub.cfg so I can maybe try to get this
      > > thing to boot int linux again =(
      > >
      > > Sheesh all this for a ethernet driver lol.. god i love being a noob
      > >
      > > Thanks
      >
      > If you tell us
      > * your partition layout (what partition is / on, eg hdc3, is /boot on a
      > separate partition?) and
      > * your kernel image names (/boot/vmlinuz-2.XXXXX and /boot/initrd.XXXX)
      > Then I'll make a grub.conf file for you and send it over.
      > Regards
      > Damien
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic