22956Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Grub.cfg Dell Inspiron 1100

  • Damien Solley
    Jan 30, 2004
      snakeeyes1100 wrote:
      > HI all,
      >
      > Well I got the kernel 2.6.1 compiled. But when I went to modify the
      > grub.cfg for this kernel I messed something up.
      >
      > I was wondering if someone who is running RH9 with either kernel (2.4)
      > or (2.6.1) would post thier grub.cfg so I can maybe try to get this
      > thing to boot int linux again =(
      >
      > Sheesh all this for a ethernet driver lol.. god i love being a noob
      >
      > Thanks

      If you tell us
      * your partition layout (what partition is / on, eg hdc3, is /boot on a
      separate partition?) and
      * your kernel image names (/boot/vmlinuz-2.XXXXX and /boot/initrd.XXXX)
      Then I'll make a grub.conf file for you and send it over.
      Regards
      Damien
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic