22689Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: Beep unmutable

  • IbericoVespucio
    Jan 9, 2004
      Pierre Lombard escribía: [Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: Beep unmutable], el 07 de January de 2004 a las 13:56:46 (+0100)

      > And for sake of completeness, adding:
      > set bell-style none
      > or
      > set bell-style visible (if you prefer the screen to flash instead of beeping)
      >
      > to your /etc/inputc (man readline) may help too.

      I don't get the visible-bell. Screen does not flash or anything.
      Just bell is off

      Otherwise, I found another interesting line for this file:

      set show-all-if-ambiguous on

      This agilize completion and avoid the beep at the first TAB
      pulsation

      Ángel.

      --
      ibericovespucio
      @...

      "Los hombres superficiales creen en la suerte y creen en las
      circunstancias... Los fuertes creen en las causas y los efectos"
      (Emerson)
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic