22635Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: Fn-D, etc., and audio-buttons.

  • W.K. Vladmir Ward
    Jan 7, 2004
      Don't use the Gnome battery applet to display the
      battery... it's buggy and will throw your clock way
      out of sync after a few short hours (as much as 5
      minutes drift per hour). GKrellM configured for
      batteries should work with either APM or ACPI enabled,
      and should show individual charges.

      --- yahoogroups@... wrote:
      > --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "Katie
      > Dixon" <gigme2005@y.
      > ..> wrote:
      > > I have a question regarding Fn + F3... in Mandrake
      > 9.1 I can also do
      > > that in order to see the battery monitor, but I
      > would like for the
      > > monitor in Gnome or on gkrellm to work. Any idea
      > of how to make it
      > > work? Right now the battery monitor just shows up
      > as completely
      > empty
      > > and not functioning.
      > >
      > > Katie
      >
      > I use gkrellm2 under kde, and when I took ACPI out
      > of the kernel, the
      > battery display worked (with APM compiled in). I did
      > configure
      > gkrellm2 to show it, but that's all I did.
      >
      > Alistair

      =====
      Encumbered forever by desire and ambition,
      There's a hunger still unsatisfied.
      Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon,
      Though down that road we've been so many times...
      - Pink Floyd, "High Hopes"