22619Re: Fn-D, etc., and audio-buttons.

  • yahoogroups@inrevo.com
    Jan 7, 2004
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, yahoogroups@i... wrote:

      > 1: I can't get the volume buttons to work ....
      >
      > 2: the Fn key isn't working anymore - Fn+D doesn't blank the
      display,
      > Fn+F3 doesn't show battery status, and so on. Again, these used to
      > work.

      Solved - the new kernel had ACPI built in, which overrode APM on boot.
      I've removed ACPI and have my Fn-D key back. I had added keycodes to
      xmodmap for the volume buttons, and bound them to kde menu events, but
      I've gone back to using i8kbuttons and aumix - faster response than
      using KDE. And after building a new kernel yesterday, I see there's a
      new kernel in portage - *shrug*.

      > Oh, since the big rebuild, I get no audio hesitation or corruption
      > after closing the lid, so it's a thumbs-up from me on that front. I
      > have no idea what I did.

      This is still fixed. There's a slight pause on shut/open, but no
      corruption like I used to get. Funny things, computers.

      Cheers,
      Alistair
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic