22484Fn-D, etc., and audio-buttons.

  • yahoogroups@inrevo.com
    Jan 1, 2004
      Hi there. I've had a serious problem with my hard-drive and basically
      my gentoo install was pretty fscked. I've rebuilt and restored most of
      /etc from a backup, and am pleased with the machine, except:

      1: I can't get the volume buttons to work (I have

      i8kbuttons -u "aumix -v +3" -d "aumix -v -3" -m "aumix -v 0" -r 200 &

      in my .xinitrc, i8kbuttons and aumix are in the path, and the
      i8kbuttons app is shown with "ps". This used to work before the big

      2: the Fn key isn't working anymore - Fn+D doesn't blank the display,
      Fn+F3 doesn't show battery status, and so on. Again, these used to

      Can anyone give me some advice as to what I need to do? I do have the
      CD-style buttons controlling XMMS sucessfully, by the way.

      Oh, since the big rebuild, I get no audio hesitation or corruption
      after closing the lid, so it's a thumbs-up from me on that front. I
      have no idea what I did.

      Oh, another thing, I am now on 2.4.23 vanilla, as opposed to a
      swsusp-patched 2.4.20 (I think it was that anyway). Could that be the

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic