22013Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: IRDA on I8k under RH9

  • Gabriel
    Dec 1, 2003
      Hi Jim,

      Duno if you've fixed it ...

      1) has your kernel module loaded (I doubt redhat build irda support hard into
      kernel, its probably loaded) ? try:
      lsmod | grep ir
      mine gives:
      irtty 7392 2 (autoclean)
      irda 112112 1 (autoclean) [irtty]

      2) also check if the irattach proc is running:
      $ ps -ef | grep iratta
      root 1121 1 0 10:41 ? 00:00:00 /usr/sbin/irattach /dev/ttyS3
      -s
      gabriel 3437 2580 0 14:22 pts/1 00:00:00 grep iratta

      3) finally check in your dmesg or /var/log/messages what you see in irda ...
      errors ? that may also help.

      Hope this helps,

      Gabriel.