21752Re: Mandrake 9.2 frying L.G's CDROMs

  • Jay
    Nov 9, 2003
      Here is what I found on Mandrake's site today.

      Update Nov 3rd, 2003: due to the LG issue the public release of
      Mandrake 9.2 ISOs has been delayed for a few days.

      Still not available as of 11/9

      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "Vivek Chaudhary"
      <vivek7006@m...> wrote:
      > I read on slashdot that Mandrake 9.2 will permanently damage some of
      > the CDROMs from L.G.
      > http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/errata.php3
      > Unfortunately Dell uses these CDROMs. I have
      > recently purchased inspiron 8500 with a CD-RW/DVD-burner. I am scared
      > of installing mandrake 9.2. Will it damage the CD-RW/DVD-burner? Has
      > anyone here tried installing mandrake 9.2 on inspiron 8500?
      > Thanks in advance
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic