21739Re: [linux-dell-laptops] suauth question

  • Jon Daley
    Nov 7, 2003
      If you type "whoami" what do you get? What shell do you normally
      use? Perhaps you want something besides tcsh?

      Also, if you are not using tcsh, the alias command will be
      different.
      If you skip the alias for now, does the sudo command do want you
      want?

      On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, W.K. Vladmir Ward wrote:

      > Hmm.. I did the alias command exactly as you
      > specified, but then when I type "su" I'm left at a >
      > prompt waiting for an input. This doesn't seem like
      > the desired behavior.
      >

      > --- Jon Daley <jondaley@...> wrote:
      > > Oh, I think I mis-spoke. I thought you said you
      > > wanted to change
      > > your root password to be empty. My way doesn't
      > > require any password
      > > changes, and provides a password-less root login
      > > from your user and
      > > machine. I suggested the alias, just to make it
      > > shorter to type, and then
      > > you can just type 'su' and it will "magically" sudo
      > > for you without a
      > > password.
      > >
      > > On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, W.K. Vladmir Ward wrote:
      > >
      > > > I could give that a try. I'd prefer not changing
      > > my
      > > > root password as it stands, however... I'd still
      > > like
      > > > to be able to use the suauth file. Maybe I just
      > > need
      > > > to update the su program, or something.
      > > Thoughts/ideas
      > > > on that?

      > > in

      > > you

      > > you

      > > you
      > > long to

      > > lets
      > > aim;

      > > only
      > > the
      > > Following
      > > /etc/suauth

      > > ;).
      > > this
      > > for a
      > > shoudln't
      > > prompt

      > > by
      > > however.

      > > clean

      > > wrong,
      > > takerSo

      > > http://launch.yahoo.com/promos/britneyspears/

      > > http://launch.yahoo.com/promos/britneyspears/

      > > it's
      > > well"Heavan

      > > one
      > > place
      > === message truncated ===
      >

      > =====
      > Sing me a song, you're a singerDo me a wrong, you're a bringer of evilThe devil is never a makerThe less that you give, you're a takerSo it's on and on and on, it's heaven and hellOh well"Heavan and Hell" - Black Sabbath

      * Jonathan M. Daley * The only real failure in life *
      * jondaley@... * is one not learned from. *
      * www.snurgle.org/~jondaley * -- Anthony D'Angelo *