21736Re: [linux-dell-laptops] suauth question

  • W.K. Vladmir Ward
    Nov 7, 2003
      Ahhh, okay, that clears up a bit of confusion :)

      I'll give that a shot, though I'm still a bit irked
      why suauth doesn't work. I'm currently making a friend
      of mine figure it out for me... it's only fair since I
      showed him how to implement NAT through his machine.
      :P I'll post my results (if any) here when I'm through
      with the problem.

      --- Jon Daley <jondaley@...> wrote:
> [...]
      > from your user and
      > machine. I suggested the alias, just to make it
      > shorter to type, and then
      > you can just type 'su' and it will "magically" sudo
      > for you without a
      > password.
      >
      > On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, W.K. Vladmir Ward wrote:
      >
      > > I could give that a try. I'd prefer not changing
      > my
      > > root password as it stands, however... I'd still
      > like
      > > to be able to use the suauth file. Maybe I just
      > need
      > > to update the su program, or something.
      > Thoughts/ideas
      > > on that?
      > >
      > > --- Jon Daley <jondaley@...> wrote:
      > > > As scary as this is, I think you want an entry
      > in
      > > > /etc/sudoers,
      > > > something like this:
      > > > gus <machinename>=NOPASSWD: /bin/tcsh
      > > >
      > > > And then you run `sudo -u root tcsh` and tada,
      > you
      > > > have a root prompt.
      > > >
      > > > And if you don't like typing that long command,
      > you
      > > > might alias your su to
      > > > something like this.
      > > >
      > > > alias su 'if("\!$" == "su") then \
      > > > \sudo -u root tcsh \
      > > > else \
      > > > \su \!$ \
      > > > endif'
      > > >
      > > > PS. This seems like really bad idea. At least
      > you
      > > > could make a one letter
      > > > password or something. It doesn't take that
      > long to
      > > > type.

      > > > familiar
      > lets
      > > > you
      > aim;
      > > > without

      > > > <web_raptor.geo@...>
      > > > answer

      > only
      > > > one
      > the
      > Following
      > /etc/suauth
      > > > file

      > ;).
      > this
      > for a
      > shoudln't
      > > > do to
      > prompt
      > > > blank

      > > > which I
      > by
      > however.

      > > > modified
      > > > thinking
      > > > installed on
      > clean
      > > > new

      > wrong,
      > takerSo
      > > > it's

      > > > you're a bringer of evilThe devil is never a
      > > > makerThe less that you give, you're a takerSo
      > it's
      > > > on and on and on, it's heaven and hellOh

      === message truncated ===

      =====
      Sing me a song, you're a singerDo me a wrong, you're a bringer of evilThe devil is never a makerThe less that you give, you're a takerSo it's on and on and on, it's heaven and hellOh well"Heavan and Hell" - Black Sabbath

      http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic