21705Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Dual boot on dell 500m (Mandrake 9.2/WinXP Pro)

  • John Britton
    Nov 5, 2003
      > > Partition allocations:
      > > Windows XP Pro : 25 GB (NTFS)
      > > Linux : 15 GB (EXT2)
      > > Swap : ~1 GB (it's a bit much I know, prolly 768MB)
      > > File Share: 15 GB (FAT32)
      > >
      > > Does that look ok? Anything else I should watch out for or plan
      > > before the partition/install?

      I'd suggest you use a journalling filesystem rather than ext2. Whatever
      distribution you install should have several, e.g. ext3, reiserfs, xfs.
      A journalling filesystem will slightly deteriorate your laptop's
      performannce, but the benefits outweigh this in my opinion.

      Regards, John.

      --
      John Britton
      Centre for Bioengineering,