21103Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: Turning off LCD on a Dell 5150

  • Achim Bohnet
    Sep 12, 2003
      On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 09:16:19PM -0000, danblock1 wrote:
      > Ok I did some reading and I think it may either have to do with the
      > Radeon driver and XFREE86 or acpi being enabled in the kernel. Is
      > anyone else experiencing this problem?

      Yes, in the past ;)

      acpi installd, Lid close, LCD not off:
      Install acpid an what see button/lid events in
      the /var/log/acpid. Google for radeontool to turn backlight
      on and off (works on my D600m). In the web you'll find how to
      use radeontool and acpid.

      XDPMS: xset force dpms off
      There's a patched Xfree4.3 radeon driver (already in CVS) that
      supports LCD backlight on/off. Google or check the D600
      tuxmobil pages it in there somewhere.
      The radeon_drv.o I found was build on mandrake but works also
      on debian here.

      Achim
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic