20966Re: Problem starting wireless card after wake-up

  • Dave Kristol
    Sep 2, 2003
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "aov22003" <tonyvance@h...>
      wrote:
      > Hi everyone,
      >

      > One nettlesome problem I have is that when my Inspiron 4150 (running
      > Redhat 9) wakes up after it was suspended in sleep mode, the wireless
      > connection remains inactive and won't start up again. After wake-up,
      > I go to the "Network Configuration" tool (Redhat menu > System
      > Settings > Network), and click "activate" for my Wireless card (eth1),
      > but instead of starting up my wireless card, I get the error:
      >
      > Determining IP information for eth1...
      > SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such device
      > SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such device
      >
      > Does anyone know what the above error means? Anyone know how to set
      > the wireless card to startup after sleep mode? What are the Linux
      > commands that will let me start-up/shut-down network devices from the
      > command line?

      I fully expect people to chime in with, "But it works for me!" I
      can't comment specifically on an I4150, but I had similar problems
      with an I8200 and RH 8/9. I had to diddle the APM scripts to resolve
      the problem. (Just curious: are you using DHCP to get your eth1
      address, or is it static? Mini-PCI interface or PCMCIA?)

      I wrote up my I8200 experiences at
      <http://kristol.org/david/dell-i8200/i8200.html>, in particular the
      changes I made to the APM scripts. It's possible some information
      there will help.

      Dave Kristol
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic