20964Problem starting wireless card after wake-up

  • aov22003
    Sep 2, 2003
      Hi everyone,

      One nettlesome problem I have is that when my Inspiron 4150 (running
      Redhat 9) wakes up after it was suspended in sleep mode, the wireless
      connection remains inactive and won't start up again. After wake-up,
      I go to the "Network Configuration" tool (Redhat menu > System
      Settings > Network), and click "activate" for my Wireless card (eth1),
      but instead of starting up my wireless card, I get the error:

      Determining IP information for eth1...
      SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such device
      SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such device

      Does anyone know what the above error means? Anyone know how to set
      the wireless card to startup after sleep mode? What are the Linux
      commands that will let me start-up/shut-down network devices from the
      command line?

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic