20945Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: c400 external drive bay

  • Brock Campbell
    Sep 1, 2003
      Inspiron 4150, Gentoo and I guess I used the wrong term. I swap the
      expansion bay drive while running. Just make sure it's unmounted and pop
      it out.

      On Mon, 2003-09-01 at 18:53, Justin Georgeson wrote:
      > Forgot to check, what distribution of Linux are you using? And what
      > laptop are you using it on? And lastly, how do you hotswap internal
      > drives?
      >
      > --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, Brock Campbell <brock@a...>
      > wrote:
      > > In general, I believe that as long as you can dismount the drive,
      > you
      > > are safe to remove it. That's what I do with my internal drives.
      > Windows
      > > needs a utility to remove them, because it automounts everything it
      > > sees.
      > >
      > > On Mon, 2003-09-01 at 01:10, Justin Georgeson wrote:
      > > > Are there any utilities to connect/disconnect the external drive
      > bay
      > > > (for floppy, cd[r[w]], dvd) while the computer is running?
      > > >

      > > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      > > > Click Here!

      > Service.
      > > --
      > > Brock Campbell
      > > -- System Integration, Consulting, Disaster Recovery --
      > > --- Accelerated Technology ---
      > > -- brock@a... (306)222-2259 --
      > > ----------- www.acceltech.ca -----------
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      > Click Here!

      Brock Campbell
      -- System Integration, Consulting, Disaster Recovery --
      --- Accelerated Technology ---
      -- brock@... (306)222-2259 --
      ----------- www.acceltech.ca -----------
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic