20747Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Random mouse clicking/movement?

  • Olivier Berger
    Aug 17, 2003
      Taylor James Zingsheim <treylis@...> writes:

      > I seem to be having issues with the mouse randomly clicking in both
      > Linux and Windows, and randomly drifting in Linux... not so much worried
      > about the drifting, but the clicking is really getting on my nerves, and
      > the fact that it's across both Linux and Windows is disturbing... has
      > anyone else had this problem?

      That happened on three latitude C610 we have at my workplace.

      We asked for service repairing from Dell, and after asking us to test
      the hardware by booting off the drivers CD, they finally shipped us
      replacement keyboards (including the "whatever-stick"). Since we
      replaced them, no problem so far.

      Hope this helps (of course they were still under waranty period).

      Regards,
      --
      Olivier BERGER (OpenPGP: 1024D/B4C5F37F)
      APRIL (http://www.april.org) - Vive python (http://www.python.org)