19572Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Inspiron 5100: modem problem

  • Andy Farlie
    Jun 1, 2003
      I think that the modem is busy message appears if the device cannot be
      opened. When the HSF modem driver gets installed it generally adds
      ttySHSF0, cuaHSF0. It should also link modem to ttySHSF0. Check to see
      if there are those devices in /dev and also check to see what the device
      is that kppp is expecting (/dev/modem is the default).

      Andy