19246Re: gkrellm fan plugin [was: My laptop's intrusive noisy fan]

  • Dave Kristol
    May 8, 2003
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Kristol"
      <dmk-yahoo@k...> wrote:
      > --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "zecoj" <zecoj@y...> wrote:
      > > Dave,
      > > I'm quite sure that
      > > gtk-config is in libgtk+*devel* package
      > > imlib-config is in libimlib*-devel-* package
      > > I'm running MDK9.1 and all of these packages are included in the
      CD's.

      > > I've done that so long ago, and after finish building, I packed 'em up
      > > for backup and they seem to do the job ;). I believe it asked for
      > > some gtk development libs and imlib (image rendering library for X)
      > >
      > > after finish building, load up i8k, get i8kutils from here:
      > > http://people.debian.org/~dz/i8k/
      >
      > I feel like I'm descending into a rathole. I loaded gtk+-devel and
      > imlib-devel packages (and their dependencies) and find I need header,
      > gkrellm2/gkrellm.h. I find I (think I) can get that from the gkrellm
      > source RPM, but the i8krellm Makefile doesn't automatically pick it
      > up. (Heck, installing the source RPM merely drops the .tar.bz2 into
      > /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES.) Anyway, I think, with further effort I
      > could get the thing to build, but, gee, there must be an easier way!

      I successfully built (and am using) i8krellm on my I8200 with RH8.
      The process was a bit of a nuisance, but it's not impossible. I've
      written the whole thing up at
      <http://kristol.org/david/dell-i8200/i8krellm.html>.

      Dave Kristol
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic