19211Re: gkrellm fan plugin [was: My laptop's intrusive noisy fan]

  • zecoj
    May 5 1:02 PM
      Dave,
      I'm quite sure that
      gtk-config is in libgtk+*devel* package
      imlib-config is in libimlib*-devel-* package
      I'm running MDK9.1 and all of these packages are included in the CD's.

      I've done that so long ago, and after finish building, I packed 'em up
      for backup and they seem to do the job ;). I believe it asked for
      some gtk development libs and imlib (image rendering library for X)

      after finish building, load up i8k, get i8kutils from here:
      http://people.debian.org/~dz/i8k/

      Binh

      --- fIn linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Kristol"
      <dmk-yahoo@k...> wrote:
      > --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, "zecoj" <zecoj@y...> wrote:
      > > it's a plugin, using i8kfan utility. I've never tried 1.x but I'm
      > > using version 2 and it's working fine
      >
      > Could you supply more detail for the clueless? I found i8krellm,
      > which purports to be a plug-in for gkrellm, but I can't get it to
      > build. It fails because I don't have gtk-config and imlib-config
      > programs. What/where are they?
      >
      > Did you use i8krellm or some other plugin? If i8krellm, how did you
      > get it to build?
      >
      > Thanks
      > Dave Kristol
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic