19198Re: My laptop's intrusive noisy fan

  • Dave Kristol
    May 5 6:45 AM
      --- In linux-dell-laptops@yahoogroups.com, Damon Davison
      <davison@u...> wrote:
      > Under Linux, you can control the fans with several tools: gkrellm
      > uses i8kfan to control the fans according to temperature
      > thresholds you choose. The kind of behavior you describe most
      > often occurs (assuming no defect) when the laptop is either on
      > surface that does not let the heat dissipate, or when the fans
      > are blocked.

      Interesting. Which version of gkrellm? I've got 1.2.13, but I don't
      see a display for fans. If it's not built in, could you describe what
      you did to enable fan control in gkrellm?

      Thanks
      Dave Kristol
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic