1880Problems with a pcmcia modem

  • Luis M. Cruz
    Dec 19, 2000
      Hi! Let's try luck and see if someone have seen something similar
      before...

      The modem is perfectly recognized and I can even connect and download from
      internet, but as soon as I start sending more than small request packets
      (for example, trying to upload a file to a ftp), connection get freezed, I
      cannot receive nor send more bytes...

      The hardware:

      - inspiron 3700 450GT
      - ovislink 56kbps modem

      I've tried with:

      - pcmcia-cs 3.1.15 and 3.1.22 (i've tried both)
      - kernels 2.2.15, 2.2.17 and 2.2.18
      - debian and redhat

      with identical results.

      I've tried assigning several IRQs to the modem and with all I get the same
      results - or even worse, with IRQ 10, that is free on my computer,
      connection with the modem is extremely slow. Under windows I can upload
      files without problems... - windows assigns irq 10 and io port 0x03e8, but
      as I have commented, with irq 10 under linux the result is worse...

      Any suggestion?

      Luis María Cruz <lcruzva@...> http://moon.inf.uji.es/~failure
      PGP keyIDs: 0x6848D470 (DSS) / 0x255E9505 (RSA) failure en IRC-Hispano
      Asociación de usuarios de LiNUX de Málaga http://www.linux-malaga.org
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic