18607Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Inspiron 8500 ethernet card (Broadcom)

  • Geoffrey Deasey
    Apr 3, 2003
      If you are going to install red hat 9 on this you may have to comment out
      the mode line in the DRI section or the diaplay will loose its mind (non
      readable screen) after the screen saver trys to blank the display, the
      screen saver displays correctly. I have not tryed any other disto that
      supports XFree 4.3.0.

      Geoffrey

      At 02:02 PM 4/2/2003, you wrote:
      >El 29-mar-2003 a las 11:01:38, Teófilo Ruiz Suárez escribió:
      > > Hi all.
      >
      >Hi teo :P
      >
      > > I have just bought a new Inspiron 8500 [1] and it's coming to my office
      > > with
      > > UPS at this moment (I hope that :-P).
      >
      >It's not here yet :'(
      >
      > > I have been looking around and
      > > everything looks all right between it and Linux, even the new ATI Radeon
      > > 9000, but I have a little question about the integrated ethernet card, a
      > > Broadcom one.
      > >
      > > What kernel driver, or module, do I have to build?
      >
      >I understand that it is a really new model and nobody has play with it,
      >well, I'll be the one... ;-)
      >
      >I'll try to write a summary on how the (Debian) Linux installation process
      >was and send it to this list and linux-laptop.net
      >
      >Cheers,
      >--
      >Teófilo Ruiz Suárez || (teo) || Sevilla, España
      > teo@... <-> teo.ruiz@...
      >GnuPG Key ID: 420718E6
      >FPR: 0280 862C 064B FA76 9A1C EB64 5755 A66C 4207 18E6

      Geoffrey Deasey
      VP Systems
      Netpath, Inc.
      2260 South Church St.