18595Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Inspiron 8500 ethernet card (Broadcom)

  • Teófilo Ruiz Suárez
    Apr 2 11:02 AM
      El 29-mar-2003 a las 11:01:38, Teófilo Ruiz Suárez escribió:
      > Hi all.

      Hi teo :P

      > I have just bought a new Inspiron 8500 [1] and it's coming to my office
      > with
      > UPS at this moment (I hope that :-P).

      It's not here yet :'(

      > I have been looking around and
      > everything looks all right between it and Linux, even the new ATI Radeon
      > 9000, but I have a little question about the integrated ethernet card, a
      > Broadcom one.
      >
      > What kernel driver, or module, do I have to build?

      I understand that it is a really new model and nobody has play with it,
      well, I'll be the one... ;-)

      I'll try to write a summary on how the (Debian) Linux installation process
      was and send it to this list and linux-laptop.net

      Cheers,
      --
      Teófilo Ruiz Suárez || (teo) || Sevilla, España
      teo@... <-> teo.ruiz@...