17516Re: [linux-dell-laptops] dell truemobile 1150 external antenna

  • Randy Perkins
    Feb 1, 2003
      hey thanks
      i didnt want to pry around and break it before i got started

      wanna here something funny
      i called dell tech support
      and told them i had a question about truemobile 1150
      so i was transfered to a "wireless" support person

      i told him that the picture on the quick setup guide showed
      the antenna connection but that i didnt have one

      he said i dont need an antenna
      and that the truemobile 1150 cant use an external antenna
      and i believed him

      i think the card is configured right
      i just used the gui "redhat-config-network" under rh8
      the only file that was created was

      i have seen reference to /etc/pcmcia/hermes.conf
      but i dont have that file ??

      i guess i will have to wait for my access point to get here
      before i can do much else

      thanks again
      randy

      On Sat, 2003-02-01 at 01:00, Dave Edick wrote:
      > Randy,
      >
      > Pry out the plastic circle, the jack is behind it. The Orinoco cards
      > are the same.
      >
      > /Dave Edick/
      >

      > On Fri, 2003-01-31 at 20:38, Randy Perkins wrote:
      > hello
      > i just go my truemobile 1150 wireless card
      >
      > it doesnt have a connection for an external antenna ?
      >
      > i thought it was the same as the orinoco gold,
      > which i thought had an external antenna
      >
      > does anyone have a dell truemobile 1150 that has the
      > external antenna connection
      >
      > mine has a little circle where the plastic could have been
      > punched
      > out and an antenna jack installed, but nothing is there
      >

      > i havent tried the card yet
      > my access point hasnt arrived
      >
      > thanks
      >
      > randy