164[linux-dell-laptops] Re: sound problem on latitude CP

  • c_ryan_barnes@hotmail.com
    Nov 5 9:54 PM
      nei-@... wrote:
      > <7mfud2$r6j-@egroups.com> wrote:
      > original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/linux-dell-laptops/?sta
      > =13
      > > I have a Latitude CPi A300ST and I installed Red Hat 6.0 on it. I
      > > problems configuring the sound. My audio card is NeoMagic MagicMedia
      > > 256AV. Any suggestions? I would be grateful for nay kind of help.
      > > Thank you!
      > this is a very late reply but according to all sources i've found
      > is no driver for the neomagic 256, or any other way to get it to work
      > except I saw one mention that there is an unsupported driver from
      > www.opensound.com.
      > Seemingly neomagic haven't supplied any info to the linux community to
      > make a driver.
      > Neil

      I am new to Linux so this is late. I sent an email to NeoMagic and
      they have provided driver support for their video cards for X v. 3.3.x.
      But, the tech support person said sound was still not available.

      For whatever it's worth, hope it helps. I am installing RedHat 6.1
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic