1616Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Re: Dell Linux Support WAS: inspiron 8000

  • Art Delano
    Dec 1, 2000
      At 1:14 PM +0000 12/1/00, Richard Simpson wrote:
      >BTW, don't forget that if you work for a big Dell customer you can get a
      >discount on Dell hardware which you buy for home. On my 7500 I got 7% off and
      >a free upgrade to a 3 year warranty.

      Don't rule out the Dell Factory Outlet, either. It sells refurbished
      systems for reasonable prices (my Inspiron 3800 was bought for $1499 from
      there in June, compared to a similar configuration from the main store
      which at the time cost over $2500). The standard Dell warranties are
      included, as well.

      http://www.dell.com/us/en/dfo/misc/segmenter_dfo.htm
      (URL only applicable in the States; sorry)

      Somebody else had asked about vendors which specialize in laptops
      pre-loaded with Linux rather than Windows. I found this when i was
      initially shopping for laptops last Spring. I haven't dealt with them but
      it shouldn't be hard to track down reports from people who have:
      http://www.tuxtops.com/

      AjD

      --
      Art Delano, New Media Designer "The 2nd half of this cut features
      Logic Solutions, Inc. an unprecedented collaboration