16035Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Battery status meter + other problems on REDHAT 8.0 and i8200

  • Stephen Lau
    Nov 4, 2002
      On Sunday 03 November 2002 08:00, Gene Kucher wrote:
      > 1. I could not figure out how to setup a battery meter on my desktop
      > (right next to the clock). I am sure it's probably easier than I
      > think and all of you already have it...

      Both GNOME and KDE should have battery meters. What desktop are you using

      > 3. How do I build RPMs from tarball.tar.gz files? "$ rpm -ta" doesn't
      > work.

      It won't unless that tarball has a .spec file in there.

      > 4. I could not compile XINE-lib and XINE-ui. Does it matter that I
      > was compiling it from my home directory? Any special notes for that?
      > Does anyone have XINE RPMs or binaries for RedHat 8???

      www.freshrpms.net has both.

      stephen lau :: [ldl@...] :: gpg key id: 0x09E5CD21
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic