15991Re: [linux-dell-laptops] DWL-650+ on Red Hat Linux 8.0

  • Matt Clark
    Oct 30, 2002
      I got the dwl650+ because it is the fastest card out
      there, it is a great card. i figured it wouldn't have
      drivers in linux yet, but i thought that some other
      able people would be out there and i could team up
      with them to work on a driver, so if anyone out there
      is up for the challenage email me and lets get to
      work. anyways, for those of you who haven't tried the
      dwl650+ it is a great card and highly modable;)

      Peace,
      -Matt

      Here's a news flash the new dwl-650 doesn't work
      either, dlink changed the chip it is ussing and now
      the dwl-650 and dwl650+ don't work. They both use ti
      chipset which is not currently supported. DLINK
      didn't change the name of the dwl-650 just the
      hardware version which is k1 on back of card. Older
      versions of dwl-650 work great they have the black
      anntenae and use prism chip instead of ti

      Peace

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic